Today, we will be discussing accelerated nursing programs in Massachusetts. Kindly sit tight as we unravel the essentials you ought to know about these programs.
Before we proceed further to the accelerated nursing programs in Massachusetts, it will be important we review what nursing is, where a nurse can work, the average salary of a nurse, and more importantly the benefits of being a nurse.
Nursing is a healthcare professional career that takes care of individuals, families, villages, or communities so that they can attain or recover optimal health, and general quality of life.
Nursing as a career, occupying a greater percentage in the field of the healthcare environment, still has an international scarcity of qualified nurses.
This can be said to be so because nurses are needed in every part of the world as they have stood out from other medical professions because of their approach to patient care, training, practicing, etc.
Nurses work together with doctors, physicians, therapists, patients’ families, etc. to achieve their aim which is treating illness and recovering optimal health. However, there are still some jurisdictions that allow nurses to treat patients independently in some settings.
Under nursing career, there are many specialties ranging from Cardiac nursing, Orthopedic nursing, Palliative care, Perioperative nursing, Obstetrical nursing, Oncology nursing, Nursing informatics, Telenursing, Radiology, Emergency nursing, etc.
Where can a nurse work?
Nurses can also work in many areas. We have highlighted a few below:
- Acute care hospitals
- Family/individual across the lifespan
- Women’s health/gender-related
- Mental health
- School/ college infirmaries
- Ambulatory settings
- Informatics i.e. E-health
- Adult- gerontology, etc.
Advantages of having a career in nursing
Research has shown that being a nurse entails many benefits such as financial breakthrough, job security, etc. The other benefits of being a nurse are as follows:
- Nurses are in high demand in different parts of the world, hence, job security is assured.
- Nursing as a career is one of the professionally fulfilling jobs that is personally rewarding.
- In nursing, there is room for advancement. This advancement gives rise to professional development.
- Being a qualified nurse leaves you with the chance of getting employed internationally, just as in Australia, there are many visas offered to emigrate nurses.
- Nurses enjoy flexibility in work as they don’t work always, instead they make use of shifting.
- It is a respected career recognized all over the globe.
- The option of overtime can come in too when you feel like working for more hours to earn more.
- There are many varieties where nurses can work depending on the interest, choice, and experience one has.
The salary of an average registered nurse in the United States according to the U.S Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) is about $72,000 annually or $35 every hour.
Schools that offer accelerated nursing programs in Massachusetts
Below is the list of top institutions in Massachusetts that offer accelerated nursing programs;
- Elaine Marieb College of Nursing
- MGH Institute’s Accelerated Bachelor of Science in Nursing program
- Northeastern University ABSN Program Near Boston
Elaine Marieb College of Nursing
Address: UMass Center at Springfield, Tower Square, 1500 Main St, Springfield, MA 01115
Website: Visit here
This is one of the top schools that offer accelerated nursing programs in massachusetts. The Accelerated BS in Nursing is a full-time program that allows students to earn a BS in Nursing in 17 months. This option is open to students who have completed bachelor’s degrees in other disciplines.
This Accelerated BS in Nursing curriculum prepares students for licensure as a Registered Nurse. Also, the curriculum meets the requirements for Massachusetts licensure.
Benefits of this program Elaine Marieb College of Nursing
- Benefit from the expertise of the Elaine Marieb College of Nursing’s distinguished, caring faculty
- Collaborate with fellow students in team learning environments
- Become proficient in nursing skills and technology in the UMass Center’s state-of-the-art simulation lab
- Gain valuable clinical experience in area healthcare facilities and community agencies under the guidance of faculty advisors
- Prepare for a career that offers job security and the opportunity for geographic mobility
- Students who satisfactorily complete the Accelerated program will be awarded a Bachelor of Science degree with a major in Nursing
MGH Institute’s Accelerated Bachelor of Science in Nursing program
Address: Charlestown Navy Yard 36 1st Avenue Boston, MA 02129-4557
Telephone: (617) 726-2947
Website: visit here
The MGH Institute’s Accelerated Bachelor of Science in Nursing program is a 16-month program that prepares highly motivated college graduates with non-nursing degrees who are seeking a career as a professional registered nurse (RN).
Furthermore, the program includes a role immersion experience working one-on-one with a bachelor’s-prepared RN in a clinical setting, participating in clinical seminars and simulations utilizing clinical reasoning and teamwork.
Northeastern University ABSN Program Near Boston
Address: 5 Burlington Woods, Suite 205 Burlington, MA 01803
Website: Click here
Northeastern University’s second-degree Accelerated Bachelor of Science in Nursing (ABSN) program in Boston can put you on the fast track to becoming an RN.
Following a rigorous blend of online and onsite curriculum, the 16-month program enables you to develop the nursing skills required to provide safe, effective patient care at the entry-level.
How the Accelerated BSN Program Works
Northeastern University’s full-time ABSN program in Massachusetts follows a rigorous, 16-month curriculum consisting of online coursework, hands-on learning, and clinical experiences.
- Online coursework completed via an interactive e-learning platform.
- Hands-on learning and testing take place at the dedicated program site in Burlington.
- Nursing simulation labs are held on campus at the Behrakis Health Sciences Center.
- Clinical experiences are provided both within and outside of the Metropolitan Boston area in a variety of health care settings.
Learn about the accelerated nursing programs in West Virginia
Best accelerated nursing programs in South Dakota
Salary of nurses in Australia after tax
Nursing jobs in the USA without NCLEX
What to expect in nursing school
How to become a nurse in Canada