If you wish to fast-track your degree in nursing, you can consider Accelerated Nursing Programs In Arizona.
Nursing is one of the healthcare professions that take care of individuals, families, villages, or communities so that they can attain or recover optimal health, and general quality of life.
There are many specialties in the nursing career but nursing is generally divided into the need of the patient that is being taken care of.
Overview of accelerated nursing programs in nursing
Accelerated nursing programs entail nursing degree options that fast-track the duration of the students to earn their bachelor’s in nursing (BSN) or Master’s in nursing (MSN) quicker than usual. These programs are designed in such a way to takes a lesser period to achieve your aim as a nurse.
If you fall among those interested in accelerated nursing programs in Arizona, you are strongly advised to stay glued to this post till the last one as we list and explain the various accelerated nursing programs in Arizona.
Advantages of a career in nursing
- Nursing as a career is one of the professionally fulfilling jobs that is personally rewarding.
- In nursing, there is room for advancement. This advancement gives rise to professional development.
- Being a qualified nurse leaves you with the chance of getting employed internationally, just as in Australia, there are many visas offered to emigrate nurses.
- Nurses enjoy flexibility in work as they don’t work always, instead they make use of shifting.
- It is a respected career recognized all over the globe.
- The option of overtime can come in too when you feel like working for more hours to earn more.
Accelerated Nursing Programs In Arizona
In this section, we are looking at the different schools that offer accelerated nursing programs in Arizona and also, everything the programs entail.
Hence, if you are interested in accelerated nursing programs in Arizona, we urge you to read through the post carefully.
Below is the list of schools where you can obtain your degree in accelerated nursing programs in Arizona:
Schools that offer accelerated nursing programs in Arizona
- Arizona College- Glendale Accelerated Nursing Program
- Arizona State University Accelerated Nursing Program
- Chamberlain University Arizona Accelerated Nursing Program
- Northern Arizona University Accelerated Nursing Program
- University Of Arizona Accelerated Nursing Program
Arizona College- Glendale Accelerated Nursing Program
Address: 4425 W Olive Ave #300 Glendale, AZ 85302
Website: Visit Here
Telephone: (855) 706-8382
Annually, about 40% of the graduating students, graduate at an accelerated pace of 150% of the time the program should take. As stated by the NCES 2107 report, about 535 students attend the school.
The cost of the program is not stated, however constant visits to the website can give an edge. The mode of study is on campus. The average NCLEX pass rate is 77.9%.
The admission requirements and criteria
- Applicants must possess a baccalaureate degree in any program other than nursing from an accredited institution.
- Applicants must have a minimum CGPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale or a minimum science GPA of 2.3 on a 4.0 scale in all the required college courses. The required courses are anatomy, physiology, microbiology, chemistry, etc.
- You may be required to sit for nursing exams such as TEAS or HESI
Arizona State University Accelerated Nursing Program
Address: Health North Suite 301 PO Box 873020 Tempe, AZ 85287-3020
Website: Click here
Phone: (602) 496-2644
FAx: (602) 496-0886
Email: [email protected]
Arizona State University is one of the prestigious universities that offer accelerated nursing programs in Arizona through Edson College Of Nursing And Health Innovation.
They offer students who already have a degree in another field than nursing but want to become a registered nurse the opportunity of fulfilling their dreams by offering them a bachelor of science in nursing at an accelerated pace or short timeframe than the usual.
Also, the current students of the Edson College Of Nursing And Health Innovation who are interested in the accelerated program and have all it takes can still be considered.
The accelerated BSN clinical nursing program was formerly called the post-baccalaureate clinical nursing program (PBCNP). The duration of the program is 12 months. It starts twice annually- one during the spring i.e. January at ASU’s Downtown Phoenix campus and the other in the fall i.e. august at ASU@Lake Havasu.
The cost of the program is not stated, however constant visits to the website can give an edge.
- Applicants must visit a nursing information session that carries the admission criteria, prerequisites, selection process, curriculum, etc.
- Applicants must gain admission to Arizona State University before being considered for the accelerated program.
- Applicants must complete all remaining requirements for postbaccalaureate and Edson College Of Nursing And Health Innovation programs.
- Applicants must possess a degree in another field than nursing before applying, though current students of Edson College Of Nursing And Health Innovation who are eligible can apply.
- All applicants should meet the minimum requirements before being considered for the program.
- Applicants must take the TEAS test and result submitted upon application
- All the clinical nursing applications must be submitted before the deadline as, after that, consideration of the applications will be made based on available space.
Chamberlain University Arizona Accelerated Nursing Program
Address: 2149 West Dunlap Avenue Phoenix, AZ 85021
Chamberlain university Arizona offers accelerated nursing programs in both RN-MSN and RN-BSN to MSN. The program is designed in such a way that all degrees are acquired at an accelerated pace.
The baccalaureate degree will not be conferred at the accelerated RN-MSN option which gives way for a faster rate of learning. However, the Master of nursing degree will be conferred.
The Accelerated RN-MSN option covers 3 full-time semesters (45 credit hours) while the accelerated RN-MSN with clinical nursing leadership covers 4 full-time semesters (52 credit hours). Students may also choose to finish up additional elective practicum hours in two additional 8-week sessions with 144 hours of practicum in each session.
The cost of the program is $32, 035 for the accelerated RN-MSN option while that of the accelerated RN-MSN with clinical nursing leadership option is $37, 230.
- For the accelerated RN-BSN to MSN option, applicants must possess a nursing diploma or associate degree in nursing from an accredited institution or recognized university by either the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) or the U.S Department of Education.
- Applicants must possess at least a cumulative grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale to be considered for the program
- Applicants who have all it takes for the accelerated MSN degree programs but have a CGPA of 2.75 to 2.99 for the post-secondary nursing degree may be granted provisional acceptance and placed on academic writing.
Northern Arizona University Accelerated Nursing Program
Address: Room 211 Building 72 Nursing Sciences Bld #72 202 E. Pine Knoll Dr. Flagstaff, Arizona 86011
Website: Visit here
The program tends to equip you with the skills, knowledge, experience, etc. needed to become a registered nurse within a short period of time. The duration is 12 months with 30 students admitted annually.
The cost of the program is $800 per semester as established by the Arizona Board Of Regents (ABOR).
At the end of the program, the following are expected from the students:
- The students must have acquired in-depth knowledge of Clinical practice and prevention.
- The students must have learned how to use effective communication for professional nursing practice
- The students must be able to reason critically in order to provide safe, comprehensive, and patient-centered care.
- The students must have acquired the knowledge of integrating reliable evidence from multiple sources.
- The students must possess leadership skills and qualities.
- There will be a high level of professionalism among the students.
- The students should be able to incorporate ethical and legal principles into nursing practices.
- The students should be able to promote global health and quality health care.
- The students should be able to participate in collaborative efforts to improve the environment affected negatively.
The program requirements
- The applicant must possess a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
- The applicants must have the preprofessional requirements and also the nursing common course requirements.
- Applicants must provide all requirements of their specific academic plan.
University Of Arizona Accelerated Nursing Program
Address: PO Box 210203 | Tucson, AZ 85721-0203
The University of Arizona offers accelerated nursing programs in Arizona through the college of nursing. The program equips students with the needed skills and experience to gain their degree in master of science in nursing.
The program is for high intellectual students with strong qualities in leadership, integrity, etc. The university offers a Master’s Entry in the profession of nursing (MEPN). The duration of the program is 15 months.
The program requirements or criteria
- Applicants must complete all the required prerequisite courses with at least a “c grade”
- Applicants must possess at least a grade point average of 3.0
- Applicants must possess a baccalaureate degree to be considered for the program.
- Applicants must complete all the online applications and questionnaires on time and also be ready for an interview if the need arises.
- Applicants should contact the student affairs office for all necessary information concerning the program.