The more we understand the hemp plant and Delta 8, the more astonished we are by this remarkable cannabinoid.
Interestingly, compared to related cannabinoids like CBD and Delta-9 THC, Delta 8 may have a longer shelf life.
So, if you provide your Delta 8 products with a little more care by properly storing them, every dollar you spend may last a long time. Let us learn how to keep your Delta 8 edibles safe.
What is the shelf life of Delta-8 THC edibles?
Because Delta 8 is a relatively new product, we can not predict its duration. However, we can consider things we may hypothesize about, and here’s what we know.
We know that CBD has a shelf life of 1-2 years since it has been around for so long. Its molecular structure starts to break down after that, losing its efficacy.
We also know that Delta 8 THC is a kind of Delta-9 THC that undergoes degradation. When Delta 9 faces exposure to the air for an extended amount of time, it undergoes oxidation, and as a consequence, it might become Delta 8.
This technique explains why Delta 8 is not as strong as Delta 9. Delta 8’s molecular structure is more stable than our other cannabinoids, such as CBD and Delta 9.
So, we may deduce that if Delta 8 gummies are under proper storage, they may have an average shelf life of 1.5–2 years.
However, we suggest that you utilize your gummies during the first 8-10 months for the best taste and results.
Long-term storage tips for Delta 8 edibles
The way you store your Delta 8 gummies has a lot to do with the product’s strength, flavor, and efficacy. Here are some superb pointers to help you keep your Delta 8 gummies fresh for as long as possible:
Store products in an airtight container
Cannabinoids deteriorate and break down due to “oxidation,” which we discussed before. The product will stay longer if you allow less oxygen and heat to reach it. The tighter the seal, the better.
Store in a cold, dry location
When you are not using your Delta 8 Edibles, please keep them in their sealed container in a cool, dark apartment area, such as a cupboard or drawer. Or, better yet, the refrigerator.
Stay away from humid or wet environments
Another critical issue that might shorten shelf life is exposure to humidity or moisture. While cooking, stay away from locations like your vehicle, bathroom, and kitchen.
More advice: Various methods keep your delta-8 edibles fresh while maintaining their flavor and potency. However, you are at the right place if you are unsure how to preserve delta-8 edibles correctly.
- Keep your consumable in its original container at all times.
- Keep them fresh by storing them in an airtight container or baggie. Airtight containers keep air out of your edibles and prevent moisture. It will protect them against mold and germs and keep them from becoming soggy. Use a sealable glass jar or plastic container for the most excellent results instead of plastic baggies.
- Keep them reasonably far away from heat sources and out of direct sunshine. It keeps your foodstuffs fresher for longer by preventing melting.
- Children and dogs should not have access to them. It is necessary for their protection and the preservation of your delicacies, so they do not disappear before you want to take them.
- If you do not intend or want to eat your products immediately or live in a humid environment, keep it in the fridge or freezer.
- The fridge is an excellent location to keep your cannabis edibles since it keeps them fresh and ensures that they maintain their potency for a more extended period.
- Ensure your products are in a well-ventilated area, such as a pantry or cupboard. Remove just the quantity of food you want to consume at a time and return the remainder to its original package as soon as possible. If you are keeping something with a taste or fragrance, such as gummies or candy, keep it away from other strong-smelling items so it does not absorb them.
What happens if I eat a Delta 8 gummy that has expired?
Delta 8 will ultimately expire like other ingestible products. However, the consequences are not nearly as severe as spoilt milk.
If D8 has reached the end of its shelf life and lost all effectiveness, it is not hazardous; it will not have many effects.
Where Should You Keep Your Delta 8 Vape Carts?
There is arguably nothing more frustrating than reaching for your Delta 8 vaporizer and discovering it is clogged.
Correctly storing your D8 Vape Cart would help to extend its shelf life and retain its benefits, but it will also help avoid clogging.
What is the lifespan of Delta 8 Vape Carts?
There is excellent news when it comes to Delta 8 vapes. Delta 8 has a different shelf life depending on its forms, such as gummies, tinctures, distillates, or flowers. Vapes, for example, have much fewer storage needs than high-concentration extracts.
Because these high-concentration goods are less susceptible to oxidation than foods or flowers, they decay slowly.
When not in use, however, keep your vapes in a cold, dark spot where they will keep their taste and efficacy for up to 24 months.
What happens if I inhale a D8 vape that has expired?
A good Delta 8 vape cart that has expired will not harm you, but it will generate fewer results. And it may taste a bit odd.
Should I keep Delta 8 in the refrigerator?
Overall, there are three crucial things to keep in mind while keeping any Delta 8 product: keep it cold, dark, and sealed.
What better location to achieve that than in the fridge? One of the best methods to keep your gummies fresh and potent is to keep them in the fridge.
Almost all Delta 8 products have a longer shelf life in the fridge, whether a candy, a vape, or a tincture.
Keeping Delta 8, especially delicacies, in the freezer may be the best approach to preserve long-term freshness.
The freezer should be your first stop if you have accumulated many extra gummies that you need to store. The only drawback is the thawing procedure, which is inconvenient, bluntly.
Experts suggest keeping additional gummies in the fridge for short-term storage and the freezer for long-term preservation if you know you will not need them anytime soon.