There are different institutions in Colorado, but today, we will take you on the journey of knowing the top schools that offer accelerated nursing programs in Colorado.
Accelerated nursing programs are designed to allow prospective students to fast-track their nursing careers in a shorter time frame.
Having a nursing career is fulfilling owing to the fact that it comes with limitless opportunities that position one better for self-development.
Nursing is one of many healthcare professions that takes care of individuals, families, villages, or communities so they can attain and maintain optimal health, general wellness, and quality of life.
What sets Nurses apart from the rest of the other medical professionals, is their approach to patient care, training, practicing, and others, having been imbibed as day-to-day functions.
It has also been common knowledge that nurses make up the greater percentage of medical professionals in the healthcare environment, this is irrespective of the global shortage of qualified nurses.
According to the US Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), an average registered nurse earns about $72,000 per year or around $35 per hour. This makes the career more interesting.
Accelerated programs are programs that allow students to hasten their proposed courses of study instead of undergoing the normal duration of regular study. This is like spending about 12 months in a course of study that on a norm should be about 36 months.
Accelerated nursing programs in Colorado entail nursing degree options that fast-track the duration of the students to earn their bachelor’s in nursing (BSN) or Master’s in nursing (MSN) quicker than usual. These programs are designed in such a way that takes a lesser time to achieve the aim of becoming a nurse set by you.
Schools that offer accelerated nursing programs in Colorado
Below is the list of the top schools that offer accelerated nursing programs in Colorado, which include;
- Colorado State University – Pueblo, Pueblo
- Metropolitan State University of Denver, Denver
- Regis University, Denver
- University of Colorado – Denver, Aurora
- University of Colorado, Colorado Springs
- University of Northern Colorado, Greely
Colorado State University-Pueblo
Address: 2200 Bonforte Blvd Pueblo, CO 81001-4901
Email: [email protected]
The Colorado State University-Pueblo Nursing Program started offering a nursing program as far back as 1964, however, it got recognized as a school only as recently as 2017. It is among the top accelerated nursing programs in Colorado.
The school has evolved down the years in many ways, using its innovative innovation, high-tech simulation lab settings such as emergency rooms, intensive care units, medical-surgical units, and a proficient faculty the students get a solid foundation to jolt their careers in nursing.
The CSU-Pueblo offers a 14-months ABSN program which is a fast-paced alternative for career changers, aspiring to get into the field of nursing as registered nurses. It is for students who have a non-nursing baccalaureate degree and have completed 14 credits of prerequisite nursing courses (fifty percent).
This pathway offers students an intense, challenging approach that enables them to obtain a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree in 14 months. During the Accelerated year, students take part in a reality-based curriculum that includes classroom, internet, and real-life clinical experience in state-of-the-art facilities.
Interested applicants to the school of nursing must;
- Applicants must complete 14 hours of (fifty percent) with a grade of C or higher on the prerequisite coursework.
- Unofficial transcripts from all institutions attended must be included with prerequisite coursework highlighted.
- Accelerated pathway application in a single packet should be mailed with transcripts by applicants to:
Metropolitan State University of Denver
Address: Campus Box 72 P.O. Box 173362 Denver, CO 80217-3362
Email: [email protected]
Website: Click here
The Accelerated Nursing program of MSU Denver is a very competitive Bachelor of Science program, as students who nurse ambitions to pursue the Accelerated Nursing program must have previously acquired a baccalaureate degree, successfully transferred, or completed prerequisite courses.
Some of the prominent hospitals in Denver that are the best employers of graduates of the Metropolitan State University include the University Hospital, Children’s, Denver Health, Centura Health, and HealthOne.
This on-campus accelerated nursing program generally serves students who have maintained a high GPA while completing some or all of the required prerequisite courses and can transfer their credits to MSU Denver.
- Must be a previous holder of a baccalaureate
- Take the HESI exam and demonstrate a 3.0 G.P.A. for prior and prerequisite coursework
- Complete an online application and select the Nursing (Undeclared) major. Note that all nursing students must begin their application as Nursing (Undeclared).
- Provide MSU Denver Admissions with official transcript(s) of BS.c or BA degree and all previous college-level courses.
Address: Regis University 3333 Regis Boulevard Denver, Colorado 80221-1099
Website: Visit here
Regis College for Health Professionals has three schools including the Loretto Heights School of Nursing.
Fortified with knowledge, aptitude, headship skills, integrity, and empathy, the graduates of Regis University are identified for their exceptional proficient abilities.
Students are presented with a bevy of opportunities to hone their skills to near perfection and serve the community while participating in the many volunteer activities—which is just one of the many ways the university prepares each student.
If you are aiming for a wonderful and prosperous nursing career but you are a holder of a Bachelor’s degree in a non-nursing field, then this fast-paced Accelerated Bachelor’s of Science in Nursing at Regis University is apt for you.
The Accelerated Nursing program offers students the opportunity to complete the Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree in one year, any student who holds a bachelor’s in any other field is eligible to apply for this program.
- Minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.75 or above on a 4.0 scale.
- Grade of ‘C’ or better in all prerequisite courses required for the major in Nursing
- Applicants must have a previously earned baccalaureate and/or degree from a regionally accredited college or university and have completed all departmental and core requirements before the intended start term.
- Three of the following science courses must be completed by the application deadline and all four must be completed by the program start date: Human Anatomy (or Human Anatomy and Physiology I), Human Physiology (or Human Anatomy & Physiology II), Microbiology, Chemistry. All four science courses must include a lab component.
- Applicants must have the ability to meet all the requirements for licensure and the physical, psychological, and emotional standards established by the Colorado Nurse Practice Act and the State Board of Nursing.
- Applicants must have the ability to complete the American Heart Association (AHA) Basic Life Support (BLS) for health care professionals certification.
University of Colorado, Colorado Springs
Address: 1420 Austin Bluffs Pkwy Colorado Springs, CO 80918
Email: [email protected].
Website: Click here
This is among the schools that offer accelerated nursing programs in Colorado. Students are greeted with many opportunities to serve the community and gain unique hands-on experiences at its Center for Active Living, this comes aside from the thrill of adventure that the university location presents.
Also, the interdisciplinary lessons that happen, promote a sense of thoughtfulness in all aspects of patient care, eventually leading to better health outcomes.
The Baccalaureate provides entry-level preparation for professional nursing practice, this 16-month nursing program is designed for individuals who hold a Bachelor’s degree in another field and wish to earn a Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing (BSN).
- The A-BSN option is a second-degree program, all general education courses, prerequisite courses, and the baccalaureate degree must be completed successfully by the end of the fall semester of the current application period.
- The cumulative GPA must be at least 2.5 to be considered for the Accelerated Option.
- Submit online a Transfer Student Application, Supplemental Application, and the Application fee.
- Official transcripts are required from each institution attended, including study abroad, and AP College results.
- Competitive scores of the HESI A2 Pre-Admission Assessment Exam are required to be considered for the Accelerated Option. Physics is not included in the exams.
- A currently certified background check must be completed according to the guidelines specified on the Accelerated webpage using the appropriate code.
- A personal interview may also be required.
University of Colorado – Denver, Aurora
Address: 13120 East 19th Avenue 3rd Floor – Room 3255 Aurora, CO 80045
The University of Colorado’s College of Nursing has 120 years of expertise in educating more than a generation of nurses. It prepares leaders in clinical nursing, research, and community service to shape the future of healthcare.
Its affiliation and association with the Children’s Hospital Colorado, the University of Colorado Hospital, and the Veterans Affairs Medical Center expose students to high-quality health care, allowing them to practice alongside experienced nurses and gain a better understanding of the challenges that this profession entails.
Among the accelerated nursing programs in Colorado, this program is a fast-paced alternative to typical nursing programs, taking as little as 12 months to complete.
- Two-grade point averages are considered during the review application: prerequisite GPA and overall GPA. A minimum of 3.0 prerequisite GPA is required.
- A Baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited institution must be earned before the start of the program. A bachelor’s degree awarded by a foreign institution must be evaluated as comparable to a U.S bachelor’s degree.
- Due to the rigor and intensity of the UCAN program, previous healthcare experience is a critical admissions requirement. It is preferred that applicants have direct patient care experience.
- All prerequisite coursework must be completed by the admissions deadline. A grade of ‘C’ or better is required for each prerequisite.
- Application fees
- Verified NursingCAS Application
- 500 Word Essay
- Three letters of reference (one Academic reference preferred)
- Applicant interview
- CASPer Test.
- Clinical education requirements: all offers for admission are contingent upon meeting the following criteria, inability to meet these requirements may result in an offer of admission being rescinded.
- Negative drug screen
- Proof of American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification
- Submission of immunization requirements
- Transfer credit requirements
- English language proficiency
University of Northern Colorado, Greeley
The University of Northern Colorado’s nursing school is an academic unit that stands among the top schools that offer accelerated nursing programs in Colorado. The school has stayed true to the university’s aim of educational excellence.
Its faculty has created a simulation kit in which students learn how to deal with patients from low-income families. This practice experience helps students extend their learning curve and prepares them for a variety of practice environments.
The full-time UNC Second-Degree Nursing Program in Colorado will prepare you for a job in the ever-growing nursing sector while also laying a solid foundation for graduate nursing programs. Every year in the summer, this program begins, and you will be thoroughly trained in classrooms and laboratories for the next 20 months. To gain clinical experience, you will work in and around the North-Eastern Colorado region at well-known hospitals, nursing homes, community clinics, and schools.
Admission Reqiurements and criteria
- GPA will be calculated using the most recent 45 semester hours of coursework and GPA from all of the completed nursing prerequisite courses.
- A grade of ‘C’ or higher is required in each of the prerequisite courses.
- All prerequisite courses must have been completed within 10 years of application.
- A 3.3 GPA or higher is required within your most recent 45 credits
- Admission scores will be based upon GPA, standardized letters of recommendation, HESI standardized test scores, and personal essay
- Priority points will be given for earned credits at UNC
Takeaway on the accelerated nursing programs in Colorado
The accelerated nursing programs in Colorado are worth knowing about since they provide opportunities to join this career in a shorter period of time.
You are recommended to visit to go through the different websites of these schools to learn more about their specific offers. Feel free to drop your view in the comment section.